Sunday, August 18, 2013

Noh Dragon

Since it's being shown off at Gencon I figured I'd post the "greens" of the new Noh Dragon. Does he have a special, cool sounding name? Probably. I don't know what it is so he is just "The Dragon."
I got asked to do this guy back in October of last year and was allowed to take some liberties with the design but it needed to fit on an 80mm base. The concept art had him perched on a bit of rock which goes a long way to get all those limbs on the base as well as making the pose more dynamic. Since the Noh are kind of giants already that meant the Dragon needed to be formidable in size otherwise it would look a bit goofy.
I sculpted this guy more like I do mecha and that was to do each part separately, otherwise I don''t think I would have gotten the symmetry of the scale/armor correctly. He was sculpted from Fimo, Magic Sculpt and Greenstuff, he was so big he didn't fit into my light box for photos and there was so much going on in the foreground as well as the background that getting everything into focus at once didn't quite work. Hopefully you will forgive the crappiness of the pictures.












2 comments:

  1. Saw this at Gencon and loved it! Spot on sculpt as usual!

    ReplyDelete